Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Start Where You Are

I ran across an interesting item at Half Price Books. It's called The Compassion Box, and it has a deck of cards with Buddhist slogans on one side and commentary by a Buddhist nun on the other side. It also has guided instructions on how to use the cards as part of a practice, a card stand, a paperback edition of Start Where You Are: A Guide to Compassionate Living, and a CD with instruction on tonglen meditation.  I have it at work, so I haven't read the book or listened to the CD.  But I do try to remember to select a new card every day, and have it propped up on my desk so that it catches my eye whenever I look in that direction.

Today's reminder says, "Whichever of the two occurs, be patient."

It has definitely given me a lot of food for thought. I'm working through decisions that must be made, and things I want to create and manifest, and things I want to change.  And I tend to be a rather impatient person. So the reminder to be patient, no matter what happens, is timely.

1 comment: