Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Funny-ish

Having learned the hard way that drinking massive amounts of coffee on an empty stomach equals really unpleasant bodily functions, I decided I'd be healthy this morning and I got one of those cereal cup thingies when I stopped at 7-11 for my pumpkin spice latte (mmmmmm. sweet, sweet sin.). Because of wanting to be healthy (despite all the sugar in my pumpkin spice latte), I got the Raisin Bran Crunch instead of the frosted flakes or some of the other choices.  And it tastes good, don't get me wrong, but the ingredients label kind of makes me nauseated:

Rice
Sugar
Whole Wheat
Raisins
Oat and Honey Cluster (whole oats, sugar, whole grain wheat, corn syrup, rice cereal [rice, sugar, salt, high fructose corn syrup, malt flavoring, iron, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), niacinamide, pyridoxine, hydrochloride (bitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), thiamin hydrochloride (vitamin B1), vitamin A palmitate, folic acide, vitamin B12 and Vitamin D1, modified corn starch, molasses, palm oil, high fructose corn syrup, cinnamon, salt, honey, natural and artificial flavo, BHT for freshness), wheat bran, high fructose corn syrup, glycerin, salt, barley malt syrup, niacinamide, reduced iron, zinc oxide, pyridoxiine, hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (Vitamin B2), thiamin hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), BHT (preservative), vitamin A palmitate, folic acide, vitamin B12 and Vitamin D.

Wow. Just, wow. Contrast that with the granola I'm going to make for myself this weekend:

Oats
coconut
brown sugar
canola oil
honey
cinnamon
vanilla extract
raisins

Which would you prefer to eat, alongside your tasty morning beverage?  Enquiring minds want to know.

1 comment:

  1. The oatmeal hands down. I love a good cup of coffee and a bowl of oatmeal. It makes my tummy happy.

    ReplyDelete