Thursday, May 19, 2011

Satisfying AND Delicious!

A weekly place for me to talk about my new sinful pleasures:

WINE

I like wines that are on the sweetish side of the spectrum.  This week's wine is Riesling. I first tasted it when I spent the night over at my sister's home, where we talked for several hours and then had a lovely Dr. Who marathon.

It's not sickeningly sweet--far from it--but it has a nice light sweetness that appealed to me. Unfortunately, I left the bottle at my sister's home, so I can't tell you specifically which brand it was. Since I know absolutely nothing about wine, it was probably a really cheap bottle, and I'd be betraying my philistine nature if I were to tell you. Well pooh to that! Going forward, I'll tell you who the vintner was and how much it cost, if I know, and cheapness be damned.

COFFEE

My favourite coffee drink so far is one I get at a grocery store near work, where they sell Peet's coffees.  I'm completely in love with their brown sugar latte.  I know I've mentioned this before, but it deserves another shout-out.  The dark sugar perfectly complements the bitterness of the coffee. It's a wonderful beverage, and I highly recommend it.

TEA

At the cafeteria at work, Tuesdays are "Tropical Tuesdays." Instead of just plain old iced tea in the big dispenser, they have some kind of fruity tropical tea.  It's okay, I guess, but what I like about tea is the clean taste of it that lasts even when I put in a couple of packets of yellow sweetener.  The fruity tea doesn't really appeal to me.

ICE CREAM

When I stopped to pick up a bottle of wine last Friday, I also got some essential snacks for a sisters' slumber party (chips & dip, crackers, and chocolate).  I also decided that, since it had been at least 6 months since I last had ice cream, to indulge in that as well.  Ben & Jerry's is my favourite and I stood at the freezer section perusing the selection.  I was tempted by some kind of Heath bar crunch, because I love toffee. But then I saw it, the perfect ice cream for a rebellious exmo: coffee Heath bar crunch! 

Oh. my. gosh.  That was incredibly good, especially when topped with a dollop or two of fudge sauce. When I'm finally in my own place, along with defiantly having a coffee maker, I will always have a container of coffee ice cream in my freezer.

LAST SATURDAY MORNING

My sister, who loves me, made a pot of coffee for us with our father's Gevalia coffee.  And she had the peppermint mocha creamer, which made my two cups of coffee bliss on earth.  Along with the coffee, I ate a piece of raisin-bread toast.

And we talked some more, and attempted to watch another episode of Dr. Who, and I decided that I had to have another bowl of ice cream before I left it behind me.  She wanted some, too, so I fixed us up a couple of bowls.

So by 11 a.m. I had consumed two cups of coffee and a bowl of coffee ice cream.  I was buzzed. I was beyond buzzed.  I stopped at Ross to do a little shopping, and I was going at hyper speed, talking to myself because I couldn't stop myself. The buzz didn't wear off until halfway through Thor (Can I marry Thor? And coffee ice cream? We could have a delicious menage-a-trois...)

Hi. My name is aintnomonomo, and I'm a coffee addict. I'll tell you all about it while I enjoy a nice cup of coffee.

2 comments:

  1. This post made me smile :) as i sat reading it with a bunch of chocolate covered espresso beans. Have you had them? Yum.

    Also, wine. Yum. I enjoyed a nice glass at dinner a few days ago. Isn't it nice to just sit back and relax. Sure, you could relax without it, but it makes relaxing that much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love coffee, but the caffeine does funky things to my digestive system, so I really can't even have a little tiny cup without getting pretty sick. It suuuuucks. I also like wine, but the current love of my life is the Friday's pre-mixed Long Island Iced Tea. It rocks.

    ReplyDelete