Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Tithing Settlement

I did not pay any money in tithing to the CoJCoLDS this year.

I have made charitable donations throughout the year to causes that are near and dear to my heart, or to the hearts of those who organise the fundraisers at work, including Special Olympics and Habitat for Humanity.

I have taken care of my family and close friends in ways financial and non.

I spent quite a bit of money trying to keep a terminally ill dog alive, and don't regret a penny of it. I only regret that he died so much more quickly, and so young, than we could have expected.

Personally, I feel pretty good about things. I've got some ideas in mind for 2012, but I can guarantee you that not one penny I make will voluntarily go to TSCC. And I feel very good indeed about that.

3 comments:

  1. Ah yes, it is that time of year, isn't it?!! I can proudly say that I paid no money to TSCC this year or for the past 8 years. I'm especially happy to say that since they're spending everyone's tithing money on City Creek Mall and the I'm a Mormon (or is that Moron?) campaign - both of which really chap my hide!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome. we made donations to charities too this year. what's funny is we've been more blessed (financially and otherwise) since not paying tithing to the church. I find that rather ironic.

    ReplyDelete