Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Just Thinkin'

It was a long, stressy weekend, but it paid off because I got to spend some quality time with my bestie C. She is, without a doubt, one of the coolest people I've ever known, and I feel truly honoured to have her as my best friend.

Things have been kind of tough lately. My husband and I are so skilled at pushing each other's buttons, and I think we argued virtually all weekend.  The arguments consisted of him wanting me to do something and then getting pissed off at me because I wasn't doing it the way he would have done it.  There were several times when I told him that if he didn't like how I was doing it, then he could do it his own damned self.

Nonetheless, by the time we got together with C and the rest of her family, things were nice and peaceful. The dogs behaved themselves, we had a fun game of charades, ate until we thought we would asplode, and talked a lot.

I had to skip the fireworks last night because all the physical work I was doing had my back going into spasms virtually every time I moved. So I took a muscle relaxer and watched an episode of Hawaii Five-O on Netflix. I started watching it this weekend, and the quality of the camera work and the acting, way better than most of the classic tv episodes I've tried watching.

My husband is still angsty about his feelings about the church. I told him to believe what he believes, and allow me the freedom of my own beliefs. I'm not out to convert the world to my opinions. But I refuse to allow anyone to tell me what I should believe. I'll figure that out for myself, thank you very much.

Hope you all had a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment