Monday, October 17, 2011

I'm Still Standing

There are a couple of songs that I might as well have the lyrics tattooed all over my body.* And I know it's kind of lame, but I don't really care.  They motivate me, or they express what I'm thinking better than I can express it.  Or perhaps it's just that they're attached to upbeat music so that when "I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down."

Or "ain't nothin' gonna break my stride; nobody's gonna slow me down, oh, no, I've got to keep on movin'." Even the dream part--"Last night I had the strangest dream. I sailed away to China on a little rowboat to find ya, and you said you had to get your laundry clean." Because I have strange peculiar funky dreams. Like I dreamed for 5 nights in a row this past week about my boss, who's been out of the office for the last month or so. And she kept coming back to work too soon. Weird.

But my song today is "I'm still standing after all this time, picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind. I'm still standing better than I ever did, looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid."

I gave 30 years to LDS, Inc. Then I kicked them to the curb, picked myself up, dusted myself off, and started all over again. 'Cause I've got "high hopes, high apple pie in the sky hopes."

I don't know what's coming, but after this hellish year, "something tells me I'm in [for] something good."

*I don't really want any tattoos, which is just as well, because when I start reflecting on song lyrics that kind of perk me up, I realize there are rather a lot of them. How would I choose which lyrics to have tattooed on which body part? I suppose Tubthumping could go on my butt....

No comments:

Post a Comment